Kristen Tracy is here today with a couple of character tens lists courtesy of the Teen Book Scene blog tour for her new release, Sharks & Boys. Thank you for being here Kristen! You can follow along with the tour here, or by clicking through the banner. Enjoy!
Top ten reasons why boys and sharks do not mix.
1. Sharks have rows of razor-sharp teeth.
2. Sharks have indiscriminate appetites.
3. Sharks are a deadly mix of omnivorous AND curious.
4. Sharks always win the hit-and-run attack.
5. Sharks always win the bump-and-bite attack.
6. Sharks always win the sneak attack.
7. Shark repellant doesn’t work.
8. A shark’s investigative bite may result in death.
9. You can’t reason with a shark.
10. Boys taste delicious.
Top ten reasons why you should never get stranded on a deserted island.
I’m not just going to speak for myself here. I am going to speak for all of humanity.
People need access to their computers.
People need tap water.
People need taco stands. (with salsa options)
People need new music all the time.
People need to watch soccer on television.
People need to go to the movies.
People need cupcakes.
People need to own dogs.
People need to ride roller coasters.
People need to watch Stephen Colbert.
People need beds, and society, and other people to love.
Top ten reasons why it’s GREAT not having a twin.
10. If you’re having a bad hair day you don’t have to watch an identical head of hair having a great hair day.
9. People don’t constantly inspect your face for a distinguishing mole to make sure that you are you and not your twin.
8. When you fall in love you never had to worry, will this person accidentally cheat on me one day because they confuse my twin for me?
7. You never have to decide (along with your twin) what to wear to the annual Twins Days Festival in Twinsberg, Ohio.
6. If your twin turns out to be a psychopath and ends up on national television, you yourself will never be confused with being a psychopath who ended up on national television.
5. You will never confuse a mirror for your twin in public.
4. If your twin grows up to be a jerk, you don’t have to worry about defending the reputation of your evil, jerk-twin for the rest of your life.
3. You will never be mistaken for and then harassed by your twin’s enemies.
2. You never have to try to stay the same weight or a lower weight than your twin in order to escape being referred to as THE BIG TWIN.
1. And the number one reason why it’s GREAT not being a twin, If your twin ever takes naked pictures that end up on the Internet, you never have to go around worrying that the whole world thinks they have seen your naughty bits.
I love these lists, Kristen!! Especially this last list! Thank you so much for being here today!
When 15-year-old Enid Calhoun follows her boyfriend Wick to Maryland for a party, fearful that he might be intending to cheat on her, she finds herself sneaking on board a houseboat where Wick and his friends plan to have a wild night. But before the boys discover their stowaway, a hurricane strikes, and the teenagers are carried miles from the shore and shipwrecked. What follows is a harrowing, yet heartwarming, story of survival, as the teens battle hypothermia, dehydration, man-eating sharks--and along the way, confront their own deepest secrets, including their catalytic roles in the disaster.
Synopsis taken from goodreads.