Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB from Should Be Reading, and anyone can play along!

  • grab your current read
  • flip to a random page
  • select two teaser sentences from somewhere on that page
  • try not to include spoilers!
  • please let us know the author and book so we can add them to our TBR pile!
Today's teaser comes from the book Hate List by Jennifer Brown. It's about a girl living with the aftermath of a school shooting. Her boyfriend, being the one who was the shooter. This book is just such an emotionally charged read.

"Mrs. Tate? Have things changed much?" I asked. "I mean, are people different now?" I didn't know what I hoped her answer would be. Yes, everyone learned their lesson and now we're all one big, happy family, just like they say we are in the newspapers. Or no, there were no bullies--it was all in your head just like they say." pg. 51

That's my teaser for today, what is your Tuesday teaser?

11 comments:

Angela @ Reading Angels said...

This one looks good. The cover kinda reminds me of the cover to Hourglass by Claudia Gray. Here's my TT.

The Westie Loving Therapist said...

This book sounds interesting and heart wrenching at the same time.

Here's my teaser...
http://westietherapy.blogspot.com/2010/04/teaser-tuesday-clouds-roll-away.html

Unknown said...

love the cover too I could get into this one ;) Here is my Teaser!

Sarah said...

Great teaser - I'll have to check out this one :o) I'll be looking forward to reading your review!

Tales of Whimsy said...

Cool choice.

Here is my Teaser Tuesday :)

Kathy Martin said...

This is a great teaser! The book has been on my wishlist for a while. Mine Teaser is here.

Jennifer said...

Great teaser. I have heard wonderful things abut Hate LIst. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/04/teaser-tuesdays-alexandra-gone_13.html

Page (One Book At A Time) said...

This teaser makes me think I might be pulling this off my shelf ASAP!

Tasha said...

Nice teaser! Here's mine

My Book Barn said...

Great teaser! Thanks for sharing!
~Angela

Corrine said...

Thanks for the comments everyone. :) I've checked out your teasers and find that my tbr list is now increasing in size... again! :)