Saturday, April 24, 2010

In My Mailbox -18-

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren every Sunday. In My Mailbox is a weekly meme that lets everyone see what books you have received or bought that week.

I was REALLY bad this week and went to a local book sale--several times. I picked up a pile of books to read, and some that I'm collecting in series, so please bear with me, this post is going to be a long one.

ALSO, I haven't been around at all this week. I apologize for that as I've been busy with life stuff. It happens to all of us, so hey, what can you do, eh? I have been attempting to read Last Snow by Eric Van Lustbader all week. I'm almost done it, so I'm hoping that I can finish it and put the review up tonight. So far... it's really, really good! It's just finding the time to read. Hopefully I'll be back in the swing of things after this though, so buckle up, it's going to be a bumpy ride. ;) (Not sure why I'm quoting the bobble-wizened-head in Harry Potter 3, but hey, here goes.) :)

The only "mail" I received was a swag pack from Judith Graves, author of Under My Skin. (Thank you!) I won a contest over on her blog, and received an UMS bookmark, and card, as well as a CD from the group she was in several years ago. I also received Arson in the mail, so I'm very excited to read it!

Bought

1. Down Among the Dead Men - Simon R. Green
2. Guardians of the Three: Lords of Cragsclaw - Bill Fawcett
3. Dawnkeepers: A Novel of the Final Prophecy - Jessica Andersen
4. The Kingless Land - Ed Greenwood
5. Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Novels and Stories Volume I - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
6. Witch Beast - Bernard King
7. Into the Dark Lands - Michelle Sagara
8. Tess of the D'Ubervilles - Thomas Hardy
9. On the Trail of the Truth - Michael Phillips & Judith Pella
10. The Ring of Five Dragons - Eric Van Lustbader
11. The Jaguar Knights - Dave Duncan
12. A Sorcerer's Treason - Sarah Zettel
13. The Serpent Bride - Sara Douglass
14. A Rumor of Gems - Ellen Steiber
15. 3 in 1: Constance - Rosie Thomas, Starburst - Robin Pilcher, Garden Spells - Sarah Addison Allen
16. Heat Wave - Richard Castle
17. Dracula The Un-Dead - Dacre Stoker and Ian Holt
18. Deerskin - Robin McKinley
19. Whither Thou Goest - Al Lacy
20. The Last Victim: A True-Life Journey Into the Mind of the Serial Killer - Jason Moss with Jeffrey Kottler, Ph.D.
21. Sherwood - Parke Godwin
22. Tomorrow's Treasure - Linda Chaikin
23. Buried at Sea - Paul Garrison
24. The Runelords - David Farland
25. The Loch - Steve Alten
26. Sweet Valley High: (100) The Evil Twin - Francine Pascal
27. Sweet Valley Saga: The Patmans of Sweet Valley - Francine Pascal
28. The Nancy Drew Files: 67. Nobody's Business - Carolyn Keene
29. A Nancy Drew & Hardy Boys Super Mystery: Royal Revenge - Carolyn Keene
30. The Hardy Boys Casefiles: 16. Line of Fire - Franklin W. Dixon
31. The Hardy Boys Casefiles: 17. The Number File - Franklin W. Dixon
32. The Hardy Boys Casefiles: 18. A Killing in the Market - Franklin W. Dixon
33. The Hardy Boys Casefiles: 19. Nightmare in Angel City - Franklin W. Dixon
34. The Hardy Boys Casefiles: 20. Witness to Murder - Franklin W. Dixon
35. The Hardy Boys Casefiles: 31. Without a Trace - Franklin W. Dixon
36. The Hardy Boys Casefiles: 33. Collision Course - Franklin W. Dixon
37. The Hardy Boys Casefiles: 40. Fright Wave - Franklin W. Dixon
38. The Hardy Boys Casefiles: 43. Strategic Moves - Franklin W. Dixon
39. The Hardy Boys Casefiles: 44. Castle Fear - Franklin W. Dixon
40. The Hardy Boys Casefiles: 45. In Self-Defense - Franklin W. Dixon
41. The Hardy Boys Casefiles: 48. Rock 'N' Revenge - Franklin W. Dixon
42. Beauty - Robin McKinley
43. Heart on my Sleeve - Ellen Wittlinger
44. The Last Dragonlord - Joanne Bertin
45. The Baby-Sitters Club: Baby-sitters' Summer Vacation - Ann M. Martin
46. The Baby-Sitters Club: Baby-sitters' Island Adventure - Ann M. Martin
47. The Baby-Sitters Club: Baby-sitters on Board! - Ann M. Martin
48. The Baby-Sitters Club: Snowbound - Ann M. Martin
49. 10 Things I Hate About You (VHS)
50. Fried Green Tomatoes (VHS)
51. Arson - Estevan Vega
52. UMS Swag - Judith Graves

Surprisingly, I didn't break the bank, though I think I have entirely way too many books to read before I can get to this lot. I couldn't believe that they had some recent hardcovers for only 2 or 3 dollars!! Anyway, that is what I received in my "mailbox", what did you get in yours?

ALSO, please check my current contests out. I am currently hosting a contest for a copy of ARSON by Estevan Vega, and the two Eric Van Lustbader books - First Daughter, and Last Snow. Both contests are US/Canada only, though I hope soon I'll be able to have another international one. I hate limiting to one area! ;)

AND, last, but certainly not least. My fellow affiliate, and awesome friend Sherry from Flipping Pages for all Ages, is hosting an awesome contest with a whopping total of 21 winners! If you haven't already checked it out, I suggest you do! :)

Thanks for bearing with me! It's been fun, but I better get back to reading this book so I can review it tonight! :)

24 comments:

Bookie said...

Wow! I'm super impressed by the amount you've got there. :)

Manda said...

Oh my, wow! Good luck with getting through them all. I think you need it :P

Corrine said...

Thanks Bookie and Manda! I think I'll need it too lol. My mom was asking how much I bought earlier today, and I didn't have an answer for her, now I think I do... lol.

Christina T said...

I've heard really good things about Arson. I look forward to your review. I hope you enjoy it and all the many other books you bought this week. What an impressive amount of shopping! I've never bought that many books at once.

Leanna Elle said...

lol! Wow! That is a LOT of books!! Hope you have fun reading all of them! :)

Dahlia (TheBookShopaholic) said...

Baby-Sitters Club - I used to read those, back in the day.

Enjoy your Books!

Corrine said...

Christina - The book sale was held over 4 days to raise money for a local symphony orchestra. They kept putting out new books, so I kept going back... :)

Leanna - Thank you!

Dahlia - I loved the BSC when I was younger, so I figured I'd pick up the "super specials" to give them a re-read and if I ever have kids, they'll be given to them! :)

brizmus said...

man, you bought a TON of books! And they all look so fabulous! How did you manage to NOT break the bank?

Kari Olson said...

Dang girl, you did do good this week! You said you were going to be bad at the sale but, 50+ books? You have topped me lmao.

And, glad you finally got Arson! Youll have to read that after Last Snow- which better be soon, still dying to talk about it!! Lol =P

Corrine said...

Brizmus - A lot of them were either 25 or 50 cents, or at most a dollar. Only a few of them were 2 to 3 dollars. I figured I was helping out a good cause, but at least, I didn't go too crazy. (I've been budgeting how much I will let myself spend for books lately.) So thankfully, I didn't break the bank because of that. :)

Kari - I'm almost done, have 70 pages left, and they are flying by! We'll definitely have to talk about the book once I'm finished it. It is really good! Actually was at a friend's last night and we were discussing topics pertaining to the book! lol Oh, and I will be reading Arson soon. I need to read Mieradome first, but Arson will be read hopefully within the next week or so... :)

Allie said...

Wow! What a great loot!

I absolutely love Sara Douglass. She is one of my all-time favorites, so I hope you enjoy her work!

Kelli said...

whoa! What a great haul!
Happy Reading!

♫♥✿Chas @ LovLivLife Reviews✿♥♫ said...

Holy Beep!!=)
I dream of walking away with that many books.... my hubs would kill me!!

Enjoy all those great titles!!=)

http://lll808.blogspot.com/2010/04/in-my-mailbox-15.html

Corrine said...

Allie - Thanks! I've never read her, but I do have several books on my shelf by her. (I'm bad for that!) lol.

Kelli - Thanks! I hope you have a great reading week as well! :)

Chas - They cost less than 2 new hardcovers, so I was definitely happy about that. My man knows only about a third of this pile... well, if he reads this post, he'll see the full extent eh? lol

Laura (The Bookie Bunch) said...

Holy moly! You got a great haul! Nice.

Here's my IMM for the week: http://bookielaura.blogspot.com/2010/04/in-my-mailbox-42410.html

I hope you have an awesome Sunday!
Laura from the Bookie Bunch ;D

Stephanie said...

Wow! You hit the motherlode at book sales. :-) Enjoy!

Christina T said...

See, you weren't actually being bad in buying all those books if you were supporting the arts. It was all for a good cause and if you write reviews on the books you purchased then you are promoting literacy!

Have a great week.

Corrine said...

Laura - Thanks! I hope you enjoy the books you received as well! :)

Stephanie - I think so too lol. I may need to hold off on book buying for a bit. :)

Christina - Exactly! It all works out that way, eh? :)

Carina said...

Holy cow! That's fantastic.

My mailbox is here.

Kristy Nerdy Girl Bookworm said...

Holy crap! Nice! Used to read the Baby Sitter's Club. Oh the memories!

Tasha said...

Wow! That's a massively impressive haul. Hope you enjoy them!
Here's my mailbox

Corrine said...

Carina - Thanks! I hope you enjoy the books you received too!

Kristy - I couldn't pass them up when I saw them. They did bring back memories! :)

Trillian - Thank you, I hope you enjoy yours as well! :)

Kerstin said...

wow, so many books!!! Happy reading :)

Kara said...

Wow!! Enjoy ALL your books! I love going to bookstores like that.