Sunday, April 4, 2010

Dark of the Moon - Rachel Hawthorne

I've loved him forever,
but he can never be mine.

BRITTANY is determined to prove herself to the Dark Guardians. And yet she's been keeping a devastating secret: She hasn't experienced any of the intense, early signs of change that mark a Dark Guardian's transformation. The only intense feelings she has are for Connor--and she's kept that a secret, too. But she knows she'll never truly have Connor's love if she's not a Shifter like him.
At the first full moon after her birthday, her greatest fear is realized: She doesn't transform. Brittany is so desperate to become a wolf that she'll go to extremes she never thought possible . . . and put all the Dark Guardians in incredible danger.

Title: Dark of the Moon
Genre: Young Adult, Werewolves
Publisher: HarperTeen (An Imprint of HarperCollins Publishers)
My Rating: 5/5

I find that the previous books did not do Brittany justice. I thoroughly enjoyed this novel of the Dark Guardians. I found that Brittany isn't the standoffish, abrasive character we were lead to believe she was in the previous books. I found that I enjoyed her character the most out of the three that we've read about so far. She is the only Shifter who can't shift, and has to learn to deal with living as the odd one out in her society. I thought the sub-story with Bio-Chrome was skillfully handled in this book more so than the previous ones as well. It definitely is my favourite from this series so far. I thought that this was originally supposed to be a trilogy, but there is a fourth book that came out at the end of March. I'm looking forward to seeing where the author takes this storyline now. All in all, a refreshing and engaging read.

This book counts toward the 2010 100+ Reading Challenge hosted over at J. Kaye's/Home Girl's book blog.

4 comments:

Eleni said...

Sounds like a great read, I should check this out :)

Maria said...

Great review! I'll definitely check this series out :)

Windowpane Memoirs said...

I read the last book in the series recently (Shadows of The Moon) and I live it.


Sincerely
Michelle

PrĂ´ Diana said...

Sounds interesting... it will be the next one in my wishlist.
I just love your blog!