Thursday, December 17, 2009

Fragile Eternity - Melissa Marr

Seth never expected he would want to settle down with anyone--but that was before Aislinn. She is everything he'd ever dreamed of, and he wants to be with her forever. Forever takes on a new meaning, though, when your girlfriend is an immortal faery queen.
Aislinn never expected to rule the very creatures who'd always terrified her--but that was before Keenan. He stole her mortality to make her a monarch, and now she faces challenges and enticements beyond any she'd ever imagined.

Title: Fragile Eternity
Author: Melissa Marr
Genre: Young Adult
Sub-Genre: Fantasy, Faery
Publisher: Bowen Press (An Imprint of HarperCollins Publishers)
My Rating: 4.9/5

This is the third book in the Tales of Faery series by Melissa Marr. I don't know where to even begin with this review. We see several alliances change through the different faery courts. We get to see the fourth court that is almost solely in Faery. Sorcha, the Unchanging Queen, was very (surprisingly) kind at times, not as fickle as the other faeries, and her character is amazing.
I'm beginning to have a love/hate relationship with Aislinn and Keenan now though. Aislinn is entirely way too trusting, but she also mopes around a LOT. Keenan is the same as he has been through the previous books, devious as only faeries can be. Seth on the other hand... I love Seth. He is awesome. (So is Niall). I love what Melissa has done with Seth's and Niall's characters. They are definitely heavy-weight contenders in the series now. I figured that Seth would become a faery since Aislinn accepted the title of Summer Queen. I love how it all happened though. I really can't wait for the next book to hop on the ride with Seth to see what his new life entails, and what he discovers about himself along the way. We get a teaser also about Leslie (I'm still hoping for a follow-up story for that love triangle!) However, we're going to have to wait as the next book out is Ani's story. (Can't wait!) I'm officially hooked on this series now.

Current song that I'm listening to: Bleeding Love - Leona Lewis

No comments: