Monday, February 28, 2011

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB from Should Be Reading, and anyone can play along!


  • grab your current read
  • flip to a random page
  • select two teaser sentences from somewhere on that page
  • try not to include spoilers!
  • please let us know the author and book so we can add them to our TBR pile!
This week my teaser hails from the book The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown. I have to say that I am enjoying this read immensely and when I came across this quote, I just HAD to use it for my teaser this week. 

"She remembered one of her boyfriends asking, offhandedly, how many books she read in a year. "A few hundred," she said.
"How do you have the time?" he asked, gobsmacked.
She narrowed her eyes and considered the array of potential answers in front of her. Because I don't spend hours flipping through cable complaining there's nothing on? Because my entire Sunday is not eaten up with pre-game, in-game, and post-game talking heads? Because I do not spend every night drinking overpriced beer and engaging in dick-swinging contests with the other financirati? Because when I am waiting in line, at the gym, on the train, eating lunch, I am not complaining about the wait/staring into space/admiring myself in reflective surfaces? I am reading!
"I don't know," she said, shrugging."
pg. 71

Does that not sound very familiar? ;)

Happy reading!

15 comments:

Jennifer said...

An absolutely excellent book to choose and a fabulous teaser selection. I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/02/teaser-tuesdays-the-fifth-servant.html

Playing Librarian said...

I've got to read this book!!

Stephen said...

Heh, story of my life.

Though "a few hundred" is...beyond me!

Kate said...

Wow, that definitely sounds like a book I need to start reading. Love it. Great teaser!

Yvonne @ Fiction Books Reviews said...

Hi Corrine,

Some fantastic teaser lines, that many of us can relate to, although I think there may be some slight exageration in just how many books she manages to read.

Tracking down a synopsis was quite a challenge, but it sounds like a great book and well worth a read.

Yvonne

Corrine said...

Sorry about that Yvonne! I've added a link to the goodreads profile for the book. :)

I don't know how she can read that many books. I know I read a lot, but I haven't hit 'several hundred' a year yet. ;)

Shelley Munro said...

This sounds remarkably like one of my answers. I must check out this book.

Marg said...

I really, really want to read this book. Hopefully it will appear here soon!

Here's my teaser for this week.

Karen and Gerard said...

That's a great teaser, especially for us readers! Still, a couple hundred a year is a lot. She must have a book with her ALL the time! I bet she doesn't blog!

Here's ours:
http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/03/tuesday-teaser-dilemma-and-girl-in.html

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

OMG, I LOVE that one! I'll be reading this book later this week, but maybe I should ditch the ones I'm reading now!

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Anonymous said...

here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday-imperfect-endings.html

Tasha said...

I've got two teasers this week. You can find them here

SunnyReads said...

Great Tease!!

Here's mine:
http://sunnyreads.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday-red-seas-under-red-skies.html

Novroz said...

That's such along teaser Corine ;)
Great teaser...I enjoy reading it.

Dazzling Mage said...

Wow, that is an AMAZING teaser!