Today, I'd like to welcome Alissa Grosso to Lost For Words. She is here with a playlist courtesy of the Teen Book Scene blog tour for her book, Popular. You can follow along with the tour here, or by clicking through the banner. Enjoy!
Popular - The Playlist Edition
These are all songs that were played at the launch party for Popular.
1. "Takin' State" by The City Champs - Love this upbeat, jazzy track.
2. "Can't Stop Partying" by Weezer - Well, this was my launch party playlist, so needed a song that was all about partying.
3. "Razorblade" by The Strokes - Not the cheeriest song in the world, but it's catchy, and like any good YA novel, full of angst.
4. "Popular" by Nada Surf - How could I not have included this song?
5. "I Want You Back (Z-Trip Remix)" - The Jackson 5 - The original of this song was great, but this updated version is even better. It's a classic song about teen love and breakups.
6. "Girls" by the Beastie Boys - Had to include my favorite Beastie Boys song, especially since it fit a novel narrated by 5 different girls so well.
7. "Kick Drum Heart" by The Avett Brothers - I'm not sure that this song has anything to do with my book, but it's a great song.
8. "And Your Bird Can Sing" by Matthew Sweet & Susanna Hoffs - This is a remake of the old Beatles song. I included it partly because I knew there would be more than one Beatles fan at my launch, and partly because it does seem to suit the character of Hamilton Best so well.
9. "Losing Streak" by the Eels - This is more a personal choice. As any writer will tell you, there's a lot of rejection on the road to publication. So getting a book published does make it feel like my losing streak is done.
10. "Prom Night at Hater High" by The Long Winters - A high-school-themed song for a high-school-themed book, and The Long Winters are one of my favorite bands.
11. "No, I Won't" by Vibeke - This is a great song about being true to yourself, applies to both the characters in my novel, and also any aspiring writers out there who are busy chasing down their dreams.
12. "Forgive Me" by Ida Maria - The first line of this song mentions a book and reading, so I thought it was appropriate for a book launch party.
13. "I Don't Like Mondays" by The Boomtown Rats - Another one of those high school themed songs, this one of the dark and disturbing sort, but also a really, really good song.
14. "I Believe I Can Fly" by Me First and the Gimme Gimmes - How could I not include a song by the greatest cover band of all time? Plus this is another great song about following your dreams.
15. "Dum Dum Ditty" by The Downbeat 5 - This song has a retro vibe to it, but it also makes me think a little of the relationship between Hamilton and her boyfriend Alex.
Now that you're rocking out to these amazing tunes, leave a comment with your favourite music track for a chance to be entered to win a copy of POPULAR.
You can enter on every blog during the tour, and the winner will be selected and announced a day or two after the tour wraps up on June 10th. Kari at A GOOD ADDICTION will be announcing the winner!
Did I mention this giveaway is INTERNATIONAL?
Thank you, Alissa, for being here today! Love this list!