Friday, February 26, 2010

Going Too Far - Jennifer Echols

HOW FAR WOULD YOU GO?

All Meg has ever wanted is to get away. Away from high school. Away from her backwater town. Away from her parents who seem determined to keep her imprisoned in their dead-end lives. But one crazy evening involving a dare and forbidden railroad tracks, she goes way too far . . . and almost doesn't make it back.
John made a choice to stay. To enforce the rules. To serve and protect. He has nothing but contempt for what he sees as childish rebellion, and he wants to teach Meg a lesson she won't soon forget. But Meg pushes him to the limit by questioning everything he learned at the police academy. And when he pushes back, demanding to know why she won't be tied down, they will drive each other to the edge--and over.

Title: Going Too Far
Author: Jennifer Echols
Genre: Young Adult, Romantic Drama
Publisher: MTV Books/Pocket Books
My Rating: 5/5

It's been a while since I've gotten so engrossed in a book; to say I loved it is an understatement. I loved the characters, the setting, the plot, all of it. Meg and John both have so much depth, and it was a joy to see their layers pulled back slowly so you could savour them. I loved how Jennifer teased us with bits of their characteristics throughout the book, she left me begging for more. Even though there is "sex and drugs" in this novel, it is dealt with tastefully. I could relate to Meg and her realizations when she was discussing sex with her friend Tiffany. I loved the chemistry and the tension between Meg and John. I loved how sarcastic, flippant, and irreverent Meg is and I love how her character matured throughout the book. I can't stress enough how much I loved this book. It was engaging, naughty, witty, and refreshing. All in all, I recommend it to anyone wanting an edgy, tension filled romantic drama. It won't disappoint!

This book counts toward the 2010 100+ Reading Challenge hosted over at J. Kaye's book blog.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome review - I LOVE that getting lost feeling, and LOVED Going Too Far - I just "got lost" in two different books today - finished them both, it was a beautiful day full of reading and getting lost!

Morgan said...

I absolutly loved this book, too. It is probably my favorite by Jennifer Echols. Great review!

Jennifer @ Mrs. Q:Book Addict said...

Sounds like a great book. I'm not sure if it's something that I would enjoy, but everyone seems to be agreeing with you on this one...great review.

The Library Lurker said...

I LOVED this book! It's just sooo good. If you want to check out my review it's here:
http://librarylurker.blogspot.com/2010/01/going-too-far-by-jennifer-echols.html

Anonymous said...

I feel this is one of the most crucial facts for me. And i'm glad reading your write-up. But wanna remark on some general things, The web-site style is terrific, the articles is actually excellent :D. Great job, cheers.