Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Revelations - Melissa De La Cruz

Schuyler Van Alen's blood legacy has just been called into question: is the young vampire in fact a Blue Blood, or is it the sinister Silver Blood that runs through her veins? As controversy swirls, Schuyler is left stranded in the Force household, trapped under the same roof as her cunning nemesis, Mimi Force, and her forbidden crush, Jack Force.
When an ancient place of power is threatened in Rio de Janeiro, however, the Blue Bloods need Schuyler on their side. The stakes are high, the battle is bloody, and through it all, Schuyler is torn between duty and passion, love and freedom.

Title: Revelations
Author: Melissa De La Cruz
Genre: Young Adult, Vampire Fiction
Publisher: Disney, Hyperion Books
My Rating: 4/5

I really enjoyed this book. We finally get some answers to questions that were asked in the first two books. I find that though there are (finally) answers, there are now more questions as well. There is a little confusion what with the narrative jumping from Schuyler, to Mimi, to Bliss, and back again, but it also helped tell the full story. I was thoroughly engrossed in the book, but when I got to the end, I was let down a bit--in the sense that I was hoping for a bigger, more drawn out battle scene. I'm fine with it as it is, but I just wanted... more. I think that this book is definitely far superior to the first one, and in most respects is better than the second one as well. Melissa is in her element now. I'm glad I picked up the series, and look forward to reading the next book in the series, The Van Alen Legacy.


This book counts toward the 2010 100+ Reading Challenge over at J. Kaye's book blog.

No comments: