- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin
- Shadowfever - Karen Marie Moning
- Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning
- Faefever - Karen Marie Moning
- Bloodfever - Karen Marie Moning
- Darkfever - Karen Marie Moning
- Croak - Gina Damico
- Hit List - Laurell K. Hamilton
- Athena the Brain - Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
- Mister Death's Blue-Eyed Girls - Mary Downing Hahn
- First Comes Love - Katie Kacvinsky
- Enchanted - Alethea Kontis
- Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink - Stephanie Kate Strohm
- Dark Song - Gail Giles
- Hunger - Jackie Morse Kessler
- Living With the Dead - Kelley Armstrong
- Ripple - Mandy Hubbard
- Rage - Jackie Morse Kessler
- Dead Rules - Randy Russell
- Persephone the Phony - Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
- The DUFF - Kody Keplinger
- Never Knowing - Chevy Stevens
- Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins
- Still Missing - Chevy Stevens
- Defiance - C.J. Redwine
- Aprhodite the Beauty - Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
- Artemis the Loyal - Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
- Karma - Cathy Ostlere
- The Paradise Prophecy - Robert Browne
- The Edge of Nowhere - Elizabeth George
- Darkfever - Karen Marie Moning
- Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins
- The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
- Heaven is for Real - Todd Burpo
- Eyes to See - Joseph Nassise
- Kara, Lost - Susan Niz
- Unnatural - Michael Griffo
- Last Sacrifice - Richelle Mead
- Spirit Bound - Richelle Mead
- Solstice - P.J. Hoover
- Mumbo Jumbo Circus - Jane George
- Imaginary Girls - Nova Ren Suma
- Boyfriends With Girlfriends - Alex Sanchez
- Bubble White Hair - Timothy D. Cameron
- Living Dead Girl - Elizabeth Scott
- Compuls1on - Heidi Ayarbe
- Wither - Lauren DeStefano
- The Second Coming - David H. Burton
- The Hate - S.L. Pierce
- Shadow Cat - Reena Jacobs
- The Altar of Bones - Philip Carter
- The Final Alice - Alycia Ripley
- Cows Can't Jump - Dave Reisman
- Haven - Kristi Cook
- A Long Walk to Water - Linda Sue Park
Monday, January 9, 2012
6:00 AM | Posted by Corrine | Edit Post
Holly Cupala is here today with a character this or that list courtesy of the Teen Book Scene blog tour for her brand new release, Don't Breathe a Word. Thank you for being here today, Holly! You can follow along with the tour here, or by clicking through the banner. Enjoy!
Thanks to Corrine for inviting me to stop by on the Don’t Breathe a Word blog tour!
When Joy must escape from her safe suburban life, no one knows she is suffocating—from life-threatening asthma, from her smothering parents, and from Asher, whose words crush her from the inside out. She flees to the streets of Seattle, where she finds friends, hope, and even love.
Asher—alluring and abusive—is the power behind Joy’s imprisonment. Corrine has invited him here to see what he has to say for himself…
Rock or Hip Hop?
I’m not that into music.
But Asher had never taken me there. Music—and any feeling it might inspire—was a mystery to him, and Asher didn’t like mysteries. He liked things he could touch. Manipulate.
Coffee or Coke?
What kind of coke are you talking about?
“What do you think she’s doing?” Asher exhaled, giving her a look familiar to me—the one where she’s supposed to come to the conclusion that every word out of her mouth was equivalent to windshield spatter. When Neeta said nothing, he spelled it out patiently. “She’s trying to score with the Ave Rats.”
Tattoos or Piercings?
I don’t think I would do it myself, but I do find it interesting on other people.
Asher came close enough for me to smell his mint and nicotine. He breathed his soft breath on my neck and his words into my ear: “I don’t like what you did last night, Joy. We’re going to have to fix it.”
That’s when I knew there was no way out.
Long or Short hair?
On women? Long.
He came in close and took my jaw in his hands, so close I could taste the sugar and smoke on his breath. I almost wished he would hit me, because then I would have a reason to call for help.
Instead, he pinched a lock of my hair and let it fall through his fingers. Gently. So gently.
Committed relationship, or Dating around?
“We met at the zoo party,” I said, slightly incredulous. Did he meet and kiss and buy bags of Nirvana stuff for so many girls that he couldn’t remember who I was? “Joy,” I said. “Joy Delamere.”
“Joy,” he repeated, this time with an intimacy that shocked me. He could do that—go from cold and distant to inside my skin in an instant.
Glass half empty, or half full?
I own the glass.
The idea behind Don’t Breathe a Word is that words have power—Joy must recognize Asher’s abuse and find her own voice. So we are running a contest: the Words Have Power Video Contest! Read more about it and enter to win awesome prizes! Also, if you or someone you know may be involved in an abusive relationship, learn more about the signs and what to do. Your words have power, too.
Thank you, Corrine, for inviting me to your blog (although I’m glad I don’t have to be in Asher’s head all the time!). I hope your readers love Don’t Breathe a Word.
Thank you so much for being here today, Holly, and sharing this glimpse into Asher's character!
To learn more about Don't Breathe a Word, you can visit the official website here.
Joy Delamere is suffocating...
From asthma, which has nearly claimed her life. From her parents, who will do anything to keep that from happening. From delectably dangerous Asher, who is smothering her from the inside out.
Joy can take his words - tender words, cruel words - until the night they go too far.
Now, Joy will leave everything behind to find the one who has offered his help, a homeless boy called Creed. She will become someone else. She will learn to survive. She will breathe... if only she can get to Creed before it’s too late.
Set against the gritty backdrop of Seattle’s streets and a cast of characters with secrets of their own, Holly Cupala’s powerful new novel explores the subtleties of abuse, the meaning of love, and how far a girl will go to discover her own strength.
Synopsis taken from goodreads.
Harper has been kind enough to give Holly enough copies of Don't Breathe a Word to do a prize per day of the tour!
*There will be one book given per day, drawn weekly. Everything entered by Saturday night will be put into a drawing on Sunday.
*The points DO accumulate, meaning entries put in for week one are still going to count for the drawings in weeks 2 and 3. (This is to reward those of you who follow/enter from the start, and doesn't punish you later because your entries are more spread out.)
*There is one automatic entry.
*For every post someone comments on, it is one entry.
*You will have to link to the blog post you commented on.
*There is an extra entry if you tweet, facebook, do a blog post or somehow include it on your blog. It is one for each of these, but only 1 per type (meaning you can't tweet every day and get points for it... its just one tweet)
*You need to fill out the form EACH time you do something to enter. If there is no link, the entry does not count (beyond the first initial entry, that you can just enter to win from.)
There will be ONE international winner a week, assuming an international person gets drawn. If the winner is international, you will be getting a copy from The Book Depository.
US/Canada copies will be mailed from Holly and those copies will be signed.
The final drawing will held Sunday, January 15, and will include all entries through midnight CST Saturday, January 14.
You can enter through this FORM.
Labels: Blog Tour, Character This or That, contemporary, Don't Breathe a Word, Holly Cupala, Teen Book Scene, teen fic, young adult
- I am a bibliophile and absolutely love reading. I tend to read a variety of books ranging from fantasy, urban fantasy, paranormal romance, thrillers, mystery, inspirational and regular fiction, to young adult. I'm willing to read anything at least once. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and are interested in a review of your book, please feel free to email me at lostforwords.cl(at)gmail.com.
- Blog Tour: Dragonswood - Janet Lee Carey - Book Pa...
- Blog Tour: Truth - Julia Karr - Sal This or That
- Blog Tour: Forbidden - Megan Curd - This or That
- Blog Tour: Untraceable - S.R. Johannes - Grace Thi...
- Blog Tour: Under the Same Sky - Genevieve Graham -...
- Blog Tour: May B - Caroline Starr Rose - Tens List...
- Blog Tour: Don't Breathe a Word - Holly Cupala - A...
- Blog Tour: Cracked - K.M. Walton - Word Associatio...
- ▼ January (8)
- ► 2011 (281)
- ► 2010 (263)